(And let's not even mention that mercury is in vaccines!)
Signs and Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning from Dental Amalgam1 by Morton Walker, D.P.M. in his book Elements of Danger, Protecting Yourself Against the Hazards of Modern Dentistry
A series of difficulties characteristic of mercury toxicity affecting the eyes
- bleeding from the retina of one or both eyes
- dim vision, expecially after exercise
- slow and poor accommodation to changes in vision distances
- Inability to fix one's gaze
- uncontrollable eye movements
- eyes drawn to one side
- imaginary geometric figures appearing in the visual field, which migrate in a few minutes from the periphery toward the center and slowly disappear
- "film" seeming to appear over the eyes
- dry eyes
- a gray ring forming permanently around the cornea (known as Arcus senilis)
- irregular hearbeat (palpitations), often together with anxiety
- stong pains in the left part of the chest come on
Problems in the upper respiratory tract:
- asthmatic breathing troubles, such as a feeling of not being able to inhale
- A "cracking" sound in the lower part of the pleural sac, forcing one to cough
- red irritated throat
- inflammation in the upper airways and pleurisy appearing about a year after the dental treatment with amalgams
- difficulties in swallowing
Psychological troubles come on such as:
- severe amnesia
- constant feelings of tension and strain
- difficulty and even impossiblity to control behavior
- loss of interest in life
- mental or emotion depression
Conditions of the brain, including:
- tiredness nearly all the time
- a feeling of being "old"
- resistance to intellectual work
- reduced capacity for work, both for intellectual and physical tasks
- reduced powers of comprehension because information does not come through
- increased need for sleep
- headache about once a week. The headache often is migrainelike, especially induced by weather changes and by prolonged sleep in the mornings
Neurological complications can come on like:
- vertigo (dizziness)
- facial paralysis, usually on the right side, that is partly permanent
- damage to balance and hearing
- a painful pull a the lower jaw toward the collar bone
- increased salivation
- often-present sour metallic taste
- bleeding gums at toothbrushing
Numbers of other symptoms gradually showing up, including:
- joint pains, especially increasing about a year after receiving the implantation of amalgam fillings
- pains in the lower back
- weakness of the muscles with a slowing down of muscular action
- feelings of pressure, pains, and paresthesis ("pins and needles") in the region of the liver
- gastrointestinal irritation
- paresthesis in the region of the lymph nodes under the arms and in the groin
- exzema or other skin eruptions
By the way there is between 43 and 54% mercury in the so-called "silver fillings" that dentists are still doling out. The mercury is dangerous to the patients but also to the dental workers. Children are especially vulnerable and this mercury bioaccumulates!
With the new amalgam materials on the market, there is no reason for this "poisoning" to be taking place. Check out the Association for Holistic Dentistry site.
Research shows that chlorella, spirulina and selenium seem to help mitigate the effects of mercury toxicity to some extent. But selenium can be toxic if taken in high amounts so be careful with that.
There are heavy metal (yes, you read that right!) cleanses to eliminate toxicity but if you have the source of toxicity right in your body... it will probably not be the only answer.
By the way, mercury from amalgams is going into the waste water via different sources and the fish are becoming more and more affected, which is another source of this toxicity.
Enjoy those energy saving bulbs! Just don't break any....