Some interesting insights gleaned from both:
1. Consciousness is a continuum. (Hawkins)
2. Consciousness can be calibrated using muscle testing. (Hawkins)
3. Consciousness correlates with the chakra (energy centre) system. (Hawkins/Watts)
4. Multi-dimensionality and consciousness are linked. (Hawkins/Watts)
5. Ascending to higher states of consciousness allows one access to higher dimensions of reality and freedom from the 3D matrix. (Hawkins/Watts)
6. Most of humanity is stuck at the lower three levels of fear/sex/anger (3D reality) (Watts)
7. Getting into the consciousness of compassion (heart chakra) raises one to awareness of 3D reality. (Hawkins/Watts)
8. Eastern modalities - yoga/meditation/qi gong - are ways of raising one's consciousness. (Watts)
9. There are those who have a vested interest in keeping as many people as possible trapped in the lower three (fear, sex, anger) and they use media to do this. (Watts)
10. We are responsible for the level of consciousness we live our lives on. Different levels bring different experiences. Complaining about it does nothing but it is possible to completely change your experience of reality by changing yourself. "Be the change, you want to see" is correct. (Hawkins/Watts)
In an earlier post I cited Hawkins consciousness chart. It is worth looking at. It matters that you are living at the best level possible for you right now. It matters to you. It matters to the others. Just like a piano, to play beautiful music, all strings must vibrate in tune. Think about the music humanity is making - not too pretty?
The more of us who are working on our consciousness, the better for everybody. Let's not let humanity down. Literally.
We need to be successful and as Hawkins says, you can only be successful when you own it in your heart.